VERO BEACH – Over the past two days, the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office VICE Unit, along with assistance from the K-9 unit and patrol, conducted a warrant sweep for wanted individuals, specifically those with recent drug charges obtained by the VICE Unit.
15 people were arrested on outstanding charges obtained by the Vice Unit:
- Tyesha Anderson (22) of Vero Beach, charged with sale and possession of cocaine, bond $5,000
- Jermaine Baskin (34) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of a controlled substance and sale of hydromorphone, bond $60,000
- Johnny Brown (30) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of a controlled substance and sale of hydromorphone, bond $20,000
- Paul Deschryver (47) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of cocaine and marijuana under 20 grams, bond $12,500
- Zachary Jenness (34) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of heroin with intent to sell, possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia, no bond
- Nathaniel Lee (29) of Vero Beach, charged with felony shooting and possession of a firearm by convicted felon, bond $200,000
- Melvin Stamps (32) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, bond $2,000
- James Welch (37) of Vero Beach, charged with two counts each of sale and possession of methamphetamine, bond $120,000
- Frederick Gordineer (54) of Vero Beach, charged with sale and possession of amphetamines, bond $35,000
- Armoni Turner Bennefield (20) of Vero Beach, charged with sale and possession of heroin, bond $60,000
- Jason Rice (43) of Vero Beach, charged with sale of methamphetamine, bond to be set
- Stephen Yates (41) of Vero Beach, charged with sale of methamphetamine, bond to be set
- Donna Hamilton (53) of Vero Beach, charged with violation of probation, no bond
- Keith Ware (37) of Lauderhill, charged with a variety of theft and fraud charges, no bond
- Maurice Anderson (46) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of a controlled substance, grand theft, and drug paraphernalia, $5,500 bond
Outstanding warrants exist for Debra Bennet (52) and Elizabeth Wilson (40), both of Vero Beach, on charges of sale of methamphetamine.
Also included in the warrant roundup, was the search of a residence at 863 17th Street Apt 8 Plantation Apartments. Methamphetamine and items consistent with the sale of other narcotics were located inside of the apartment.
Surveillance was conducted in recent days on this apartment due to neighborhood complaints, which resulted in the arrests of:
- Timothy Sposato (39) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of a controlled substance, drug paraphernalia, resisting with violence, no bond
- Lucas Pitzer (33) of Orlando, charged with drug paraphernalia and no drivers license, bond $1,000
- Chelsea Jacobs (26) of Vero Beach, charged with possession of marijuana, bond $500
“These recent arrests are a stark warning to those who think they can sell drugs in our community and get away with it. Our VICE Unit has worked hard to obtain sale and possession charges on those who think it is acceptable to peddle these illegal narcotics. The search warrant obtained in Plantation Apartments is a fine example of how assistance from the community can help us bring justice and restore peace in a neighborhood when we have cooperating witnesses. Make no mistake, your crimes will catch up to you,” Indian River County Sheriff Deryl Loar stated.
DISCLAIMER: Arrests and mugshots were made public by complaint affidavits, arrest affidavits, and police reports. All persons arrested are innocent until proven guilty.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2019 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.