VERO BEACH – Grumpy’s, a restaurant located in the 1300 block of 21st Street in downtown Vero Beach, closed Tuesday after a grease fire started in the kitchen.
The Indian River County Fire Rescue said firefighters were called to the restaurant about the fire shortly after noon.
The restaurant fire caused no injuries and no permanent structural damage to the establishment.
No further information was available about when Grumpy’s would reopen, but a person who answered the phone said the closure was “temporary.”
An estimated 5,900 restaurant building fires occur annually in the United States. The leading cause of all restaurant fires is cooking. About 91 percent of the fires are small with limited damage.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2020 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.