SEBASTIAN – The Pelican Island Preservation Society will be hosting their 27th Annual Pelican Island Wildlife Festival on Saturday, March 9, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at Riverview Park in Sebastian.
Center Stage Schedule
- 9:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Cavalcade with “President” Theodore Roosevelt
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Opening Ceremonies – will include the arrival of “President” Theodore Roosevelt and Mayor of Sebastian, Jim Hill, Color Guard – American Legion Post 189, the singing of the National Anthem, welcome and opening remarks from Tim Glover (PIPS President), and brief comments from “President” Roosevelt
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – Hooked a bird? Presentation by Therese Harber, Sebastian Inlet State Park
- Tentative: Release of a rehabilitated pelican by Tim Brown, Treasure Coast Wildlife Center
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Photography Contest Awards Presentation
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Vero Beach Wine & Film Festival Presentaion
- 11:30 a.m. – 11:40 a.m. Trivia
- 11:40 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Birds Of Prey Wildlife Demonstration – Tim Brown, Treasure Coast Wildlife Center
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. Bats Of Florida – Shari Blissett – Clark, Florida Bat Conservancy
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. 50/50 Drawing & Trivia
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. ABC’s Of Pelican Island Wildlife Refuge – Jeremy Edwardson, Manager, Pelican Island and Archie Carr Wildlife Refuges
- 1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Chat With Anne Michael – Paul Tritaik, Project Leader, J.N. “Ding” Darling National Wildlife Refuge
- 1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Brevard Zoo
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PIPS: Who We Are, Why We Are, What We Do – Tim Glover, President, Pelican Island Preservation Society
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Birds Of Prey Wildlife Demonstration – Tim Brown, Treasure Coast Wildlife Center
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Keynote: Conservation History With “President Roosevelt”
- 3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. Second 50/50 Drawing
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Photo Auction Winners
The event will have lots of activities including Live Wildlife Shows, Boat Tours to Pelican Island, Rehabilitated Pelican release (if available), Raffles & Silent Auctions, Environmental Exhibitors, Amateur Photography Contest
Arts & Crafts, Native Plants for sale, Historical Reenactments, Kids’ Activities and games, Educational Presentations and Food Vendors.
Entrance to the Pelican Island Wildlife Festival and parking are free. Boat tours will be $20 for adults, $10 for children under 10-years-old and free for children under 3.
For more information visit The Pelican Island Wildlife Festival page.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2019 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.