There will be a “Kiss Cancer Goodbye” Walk in remembrance of JoAnne Diana on Saturday, October 15, 2022, under the oaks in Barefoot Bay, located at 625 Barefoot Blvd. Late registration starts at 8:00 am, and the walk begins at 9:00 am. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.
The walk will be along the path under the oaks by the Administration Building for as many laps as you would like to go, then there will be music, food, and raffles at the lakeside of the lounge.
To register or for more information, call the Barefoot Bay CVO at (772) 663-0633. Registration packets are available at the CVO office located at 935 Barefoot Blvd. Monday – Friday from 10 am to 2 pm.
Unable to walk but would still like to participate? The CVO can also get you set up with a golf cart ride.
Participants are encouraged to dress in accordance with the type of cancer they are trying to bring awareness to:
- All Cancers – Purple
- All Cancer Survivors – Purple
- Appendix Cancer – Amber
- Brain Cancer – Grey
- Breast Cancer – Pink
- Bone Cancer – Yellow
- Bladder Cancer – Blue, Purple & Marigold
- Carcinoid Cancer – Zebra
- Childhood Cancer – Gold
- Colon & Colorectal Cancer – Dark Blue
- Endometrial Cancer – Peach
- Esophageal Cancer – Periwinkle
- Head & Neck Cancer – Burgundy & Cream
- Hodgkins Lymphoma – Violet Kidney
- Renal Cancer – Orange
- Leiomyosarcoma – Purple
- Leukemia – Orange
- Liver Cancer – Emerald Green
- Lung Cancer – White
- Lymphoma – Lime Green
- Multiple Myeloma – Burgundy
- Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma – Lime Green
- Ovarian Cancer – Teal
- Pancreatic Cancer – Purple
- Prostate Cancer – Light Blue
- Skin Cancer (Melanoma) – Black
- Stomach Cancer – Periwinkle
- Testicular Cancer – Orchid
- Thyroid Cancer – Blue, Teal & Pink
- Uterine Cancer – Peach
Raffle & Cash Donations
They are still in need of raffle donations, big or small. Please get in touch with Kathleen Fortier at (321) 210-9438 if you want to donate. All checks should be made out to the American Cancer Society.
The “Kiss Cancer Goodbye” walk is in honor of JoAnne Diana. She was the Honorary Chair for the 2019 Sea of Pink walk. Sadly, she lost her battle with breast cancer in October 2020.