VERO BEACH – The Humane Society of Vero Beach and Indian River County is set to neuter, vaccinate and microchip 50 male cats for $1 each on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, at the Adoption and Education Center, located at 6230 77th St., Vero Beach.
This event is for Indian River County residents with male cats eight weeks of age and older. Cat owners must register online at hsvb.org by Monday, February 27th at 4:00 p.m.
Cats over the age of four months will receive a complimentary rabies vaccination if proof of vaccination is not available. Cats must be transported to the shelter in a secure pet carrier.
“Our staff and volunteers are dedicated to ending pet overpopulation in Indian River County,” says Maria Ramirez, HSVB Director of Operations. “Boys for a Buck is just one of the many promotions we offer to achieve this goal,” she added.
Several generous Humane Society donors have sponsored the “Boys for a Buck” event, which is held in conjunction with World Spay Day, an international campaign to end pet overpopulation.
- The “Boys for a Buck” event is for Indian River County residents only
- Cats must be males over 8 weeks of age
- Register online at hsvb.org by Monday, February 27th at 4 p.m. Anyone without internet access can call (772) 388-0801 to register.
- Cats four months of age and older will receive a complimentary rabies vaccination if no current rabies vaccination is provided
- Cats will be neutered and receive a complimentary microchip if a microchip has not been previously implanted
- Cats must be transported to the shelter in a secure pet carrier
- Donations of money, blankets, sheets, towels and pet supplies are appreciated
For more information, call The Humane Society’s Animal Wellness Clinic at (772) 388-0801. The Clinic offers low-cost spay/neuter services for all animals, regardless of their pet owner’s income or county of residency throughout the year.