SEBASTIAN, Florida – The National Weather Service has forecast the potential for severe weather to impact all of east central Florida on Sunday afternoon/evening, the agency said Friday.
These areas include Sebastian, Fellsmere, Vero Beach, and other areas in Indian River County.
“Strong to severe thunderstorms will include strong wind gusts in excess of 55-60 mph, large hail (at least quarter-sized), frequent lightning, torrential rainfall, and a potential for tornadoes,” the National Weather Service said.
Protective Actions to take when Dangerous Weather Approaches:
- Stay indoors unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Postpone outdoor activities.
- Monitor the weather on your NOAA Weather Radio.
- If you hear thunder, immediately move to a safe place. Remember: When thunder roars, go indoors.
- If you hear thunder, do not use a corded phone. Cordless phones, cell phones, and other wireless handheld devices are safe to use.
- Keep away from electrical equipment, wiring and water pipes. Don’t take a bath, shower or use other plumbing during a thunderstorm.
Sebastian Daily will continue to monitor the weather this weekend. We will post updates if the weather changes.
Subscribe to our Sebastian newsletter to find out what's going on around Indian River County.
Copyright 2018 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.