We received word that the Sebastian River Moose Lodge has shut down due to a COVID-19 outbreak. Some of their kitchen staff and volunteers are in the hospital.
As a result, we are keeping a close eye on the Micco and Barefoot Bay numbers.
In Sebastian, the number of new cases are averaging 10 per day, down from 14 per day.
Florida’s positivity rate was over 11% yesterday.
According to the state health department, all of these positive numbers in this article are identified as “cases.” Therefore, Sebastian Daily will describe these numbers as “cases” even though some people, mostly non-experts, claim they are not.
3 people have died from COVID-19 in Indian River County since last week.
Please follow the CDC guidelines and wear a mask and social distance. You can still live your life and be safe. This pandemic is far from over.
- Sebastian: 824 (UP by 81 since last week)
- Roseland: 6 (UP by 1 since last week)
- Barefoot Bay: 54 (UP by 5 since last week)
- Micco: 34 (UP by 7 since last week)
- Grant-Valkaria: 84
- Fellsmere: 629 (UP by 64 since last week)
- Wabasso: 12
- Vero Beach: 4,972 (UP by 453 since last week). This number also includes Vero Lake Estates and other rural areas near Vero Beach.
Indian River County
- Cases: 6,724 (UP by 529 since last week)
- Deaths: 152 (UP by 3 since last week)
- Cases: 20,811 (UP 1,123 since last week)
- Deaths: 514 (UP 12 since last week)
Cleveland Clinic, Indian River Hospital, is providing testing by appointment only. To make an appointment, call the hospital at 772-226-4846.
If you need groceries or other items delivered to your home, call Blue River Delivery at 772-643-6880.
Sebastian Daily will continue to provide future updates on COVID-19 for Indian River County and Brevard County.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2021 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.