SEBASTIAN – The 18th Annual MRC Conservation Achievement Awards Banquet is set to honor extraordinary Indian River Lagoon conservation heroes on Friday, April 5, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
This is an evening of famed speakers, unique art, wine, spirits, live music, and delectable food in recognition of our esteemed partners and individuals who have helped shape some of today’s most crucial lagoon conservation wins.
Proceeds benefit the Marine Resources Council’s efforts to protect and conserve our cherished Indian River Lagoon.
The banquet will be at the Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel, located at 3003 N. Highway A1A, in Melbourne, Florida.
This formal event is open to the public. Each ticket includes 2 complimentary adult beverages and choice of entree (Filet Mignon, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Chicken Mediterranean, and Roasted Vegetable Lasagna).
Tickets are available at SaveTheIRL.org, or call 321-725-7775.
Event Highlights Include:
- Live Caribbean & Steele Drum Music by Chester Murray
- Silent and Live Auction
- Guest Speakers
- Souvenir Glass
- Photo Walk
Guest Speakers Include:
- Famed Environmentalist & South FL Political Powerhouse Maggy Hurchalla
- Dr. Mark Perry, Executive Director of Florida Oceanographic Society / President of the Rivers Coalition, Inc.
- Courtney Barker, Satellite Beach City Manager
Awards & Attending Nominees Include:
- Stan Blum Lifetime Award for Conservation
- Nominees: George Rosenfield/ Mary Bowman/ Steve Chalmers
- Albert Tuttle Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service
- Nominees: Dennis Mayo/ Mark D. Perry/ Rodney Smith
- Maggie Bowman Award for Outstanding Service by an Elected Official
- Nominees: Curt Smith/ Senator Debbie Mayfield/ Frank Catino
- Paul Kroegel Award for Outstanding Service by a Government Employee
- Nominees: Dianne Hughes / Duane DeFreese/ Charles Henry
- Project of the Year Award Nominees: C1 Canal Water Diversion to the St. Johns River / Indian River Lagoon Health
These talented and dedicated conservationists are identified by the MRC Membership and honored through a nomination process. Voting Ends on 3/22/19. The winners will be announced during the ceremony. There is still time to become an official member of MRC and cast your vote at http://bit.ly/2y2T0ZQ.
Special Need: Seeking Sponsors and Live Auction Items!
MRC is seeking to offer beach/vacation, fishing/boating experiences and other special items in their silent/live auction. Sponsorships start at $100.
Please view available sponsorship opportunities at http://bit.ly/2GwlZM6.
To discuss event sponsorship, and in-kind donations including auction items, please contact Steve Sharkey at [email protected] or 321-978-8862.
Make sure to purchase your tickets at SaveTheIRL.org, or call 321-725-7775.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2020 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.