The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will conduct a public meeting about Roadway Reconstruction and Widening CR 510 from CR 512 to 87th Street in Indian River County and the City of Sebastian.
The public meeting will be offered virtually and in person. Virtual attendees can ask questions and/or comment via the chat function. The in-person meeting will be an open house for attendees to ask and/or comment to project representatives.
Virtual & In-Person Public Meetings
Virtual: Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2022, at 5:30 p.m. In-person: Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022, at 5:30 p.m.
Project information will be available for review at the in-person location.
Questions & comments should be submitted before the meeting through the registration link or by emailing the project manager. Visit www.cr510project.com for more information, including comment forms and a presentation copy.
- The project will widen CR 510 to four travel lanes, 7- ft buffered bicycle lanes, and 6-ft wide Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) compliant sidewalks.
- Intersections will be upgraded with new traffic signals.
- Stormwater will be collected and conveyed to new ponds.
- A new bus transfer facility will be constructed around the proposed pond providing additional bus bays.
- All new municipal utilities will be installed.
- The existing roadway will remain open for travel.
- Traffic lane shifts will be required.
- Limited lane closures will occur to allow for traffic to shift between phases.
- Driveway and street access will be maintained throughout construction.
- Construction Begins: Late 2024
- Construction End: Early 2027
- Construction Cost Estimate: $13,038,720
Maria Formoso, P.E., P.M.P. – FDOT Project Manager Florida Department of Transportation, District Four 3400 West Commercial Boulevard Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309.