The high wind gusts will continue most of the week, with the chance of rain increasing for Wednesday in Sebastian, Florida.
Since Monday morning, we’ve been experiencing hazardous weather conditions, which have created dangerous boating conditions in the Indian River Lagoon and Sebastian Inlet.
There is a Coastal Flood Advisory and a High Surf Advisory on the coast in Sebastian. Breaking waves of 6 to 9 feet are happening now along the beaches and the inlet. Officials are asking residents not to enter the water.
“This increase in showers and storms through mid to late week will bring much-needed rainfall to the drought-stricken region. There still remains some uncertainty on overall precipitation amounts through the Wed-Fri timeframe. However, widespread totals of 1-1.50 inches at this point seem reasonable, based on latest model guidance, with locally higher totals possible, especially along the coast,” the National Weather Service said.
Here’s a look at the daily temperatures for Sebastian (Highs/Lows):
- Tuesday – 77/66
- Wednesday – 78/66
- Thursday – 81/65
- Friday – 84/65
- Saturday – 85/67
- Sunday – 87/67
The chance of rain increases to 60% on Wednesday and 80% on Thursday. A Burn Ban in Indian River County is still in effect until April 15 or until further order.
There is currently a small craft advisory through Wednesday evening. Here’s a look at the seas.
- Tuesday – East winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 9 to 11 feet with occasional seas to 15 feet. A dominant period 11 seconds. Rough on the Intracoastal waters. Chance of showers in the morning, then a slight chance of showers in the afternoon.
- Wednesday – East winds 20 knots. Seas 7 to 9 feet with occasional seas to 11 feet. A dominant period 10 seconds. Choppy on the Intracoastal waters. Chance of showers in the morning then showers likely, and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.
- Thursday – Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet with occasional seas to 7 feet. A moderate chop on the Intracoastal waters. Showers and a chance of thunderstorms.
- Friday – South winds 10 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet with occasional seas to 5 feet. Showers are likely and slight chance of thunderstorms.
- Saturday – South winds 5 knots becoming east in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms.