The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary will offer another Boating Safety Training on May 20, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at American Legion Post 39, located at 1535 Old Dixie Highway in Vero Beach.
You must pre-register by contacting Tom McCarty at 401-523-2925 or by email at Tgm.email@example.com.
The training is sponsored by the US Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 56:
- Know your boat – parts of the boat and terminology.
- Before you get underway- know before you go, float plans, fueling, trailering, launching, and retrieving.
- Navigating the waterways– navigation rules, night navigation & lights, navigation aids, anchoring, locks & dams.
- Operating your vessel safely- Loading, trimming, handling, steering, docking, casting off, anchoring, PWC operations, environmental concerns, and courtesy on the water.
- Legal Requirements – ages to operate, registration, safety, state laws.
- Boating Emergencies, What to do- risk management, boating accidents, personal injuries, weather emergencies, getting help and helping others.
The cost is $20 first family member, $10 for each additional member, and high school-age students are FREE.
Individuals who successfully complete class and pass the exam are awarded certificates and will receive a Florida State Boater’s ID card.