According to the CDC, the United States now has more coronavirus cases than any other country; sadly, we have surpassed China and Italy.
Indian River County now has 14 confirmed coronavirus cases. About 145 people have tested negative.
The United States has 82,404 cases of COVID-19. There have been 1,178 deaths.
The state of New York has more cases than any other state, with a total of 37,802, and 385 deaths.
Florida is reporting 2,355 cases on its latest update, with 28 deaths. There’s been a significant spike in cases in the last 48 hours.
Almost 25,000 people in Florida have tested negative for the virus. Health officials are waiting on the results of 1,774 pending tests.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
Please practice these everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick;
- Staying home when you are sick and avoiding contact with persons in poor health;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Covering your cough or sneezing into a tissue, then disposing of the tissue;
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing;
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty; and
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Let’s stop the spread of COVID-19. Please, don’t go out in public unless you have to. If you are older and have a chronic condition, stay home.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2020 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.