The Environmental Learning Center will be hosting their Magical Mangrove Holiday Event on December 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, and 19 of 2020, from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. This fun-filled family event is open to the public.
The Magical Mangrove Holiday Event offers guest the opportunity to
- Experience mangrove tunnels by canoe as you glide under mangrove trees lit with holiday lights. ($10 per person for a 20-minute ride. It is highly recommended that you pre-registration as they will sell out quickly.)
- Explore the Discovery Station at night and the beauty of their aquariums.
- Get into the holiday spirit by relaxing by the bonfire with some tasty s’mores. S’mores packets are sold for $5 each and come in a reusable silicone snack bag you take home.
- Find hidden magic as you take a scavenger hunt for fairy houses around the ELC campus.
Quick Canoe Trips in Lit Mangrove Tunnels
The Environmental Learning Center will be offering 5 canoe trip time slots each night through the mangrove trails, with each trip being roughly 20 minutes. Registration is not required, but it is encouraged as the time slots will fill up fast. in advance. https://elc.donorshops.com/products/canoes
The cost per canoe trip is $10 per person of any age. Each time slot will have a maximum capacity of 16 guests with 2 people per boat with a guide paddling the boat. Masks are required to be worn for the duration of the trip for other guest and paddlers’ safety.
Quick canoe trip time slots
- 6:15 pm – 6:45 pm
- 6:45 pm – 7:15 pm
- 7:15 pm – 7:45 pm
- 7:45 pm – 8:15 pm
- 8:15 pm – 8:45 pm *New Slot*
Walk-ins will be accommodated based on availability, or ELC employees will help attendees register for another night. They will sell out quickly with the limited number of seats available.
Face coverings are required while at the ELC when you can not maintain six feet of social distancing from other guests.
Newsletter: Make sure you signup for the Sebastian Daily Newsletter to stay informed with everything going on in Sebastian, Florida.