SEBASTIAN – It’s about that time of year again in Sebastian and Vero Beach! Students in Indian River County are encouraged to shop for back to school clothes and supplies during the Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday.
Friday, Aug 3rd, 2108 12:01 a.m. through Sunday, Aug 5th, 2018 11:59 p.m qualifying school supplies will be sales tax-free.
On these days, there will not be any sales tax collected on purchases of footwear, clothing, certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item, and certain school supplies that cost $15 or less per item.
Items that are NOT TAX EXEMPT are as follows:
- Any piece of clothing selling for more than $60;
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
- Books that are not otherwise exempt;
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
- Repairs or alterations of any qualifying items; or
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
The Florida Department of Revenue has outlined everything you need to know in a PDF file that you can download from their website.