Meteorologists are monitoring two potential disturbances in the Atlantic Ocean, each with a small chance of developing during the next seven days. At this early stage of prediction, their paths remain uncertain.
The National Hurricane Center (NHC) has pinpointed the first disturbance as a tropical wave emerging from the western coast of Africa, with a 30 percent chance of forming over the next week.
The NHC mentioned, “There’s potential for some gradual development of this wave later in the week or during the weekend as it progresses west-northwestward or northwestward in the eastern Atlantic.”
Another low-pressure zone might form in the Atlantic later this week.
The NHC noted, “Some slow development of this system is also possible while it moves west-northwestward through the end of the week.”
Its formation likelihood over the upcoming week stands at 20 percent.
People in Florida should keep an eye on these disturbances for any notable changes. However, it remains premature to forecast their exact paths.
As we approach the height of the 2023 Atlantic Hurricane Season, which runs from June 1st to November 30th, there’s a potential uptick in activity. Present forecasts suggest a 40% probability for a typical season, a 30% chance of increased activity, and a 30% likelihood of a quieter season.
Stay tuned to Sebastian Daily for regular updates.