Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 56 is set to host another Boating Safety Training course and exam, providing successful participants with certificates and a Florida State Boater’s ID card.
The training will be conducted at American Legion Post 189, located at 807 Louisiana Avenue, Sebastian, on Saturday, June 17, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Advance registration is required and can be completed by contacting Tom McCarty either through phone at 401-523-2925 or by sending an email to Tgm.email@example.com.
The fee structure includes a $20 charge for the first family member and $10 for each subsequent family member. However, the course is offered free of charge to students of high school age.
Learn From the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary:
- Know your boat – parts of the boat and terminology.
- Before you get underway- know before you go, float plans, fueling, trailering, launching, and retrieving.
- Navigating the waterways- navigation rules, night navigation & lights, navigation aids, anchoring, locks & dams.
- Operating your vessel safely- Loading, trimming, handling, steering, docking, casting off, anchoring, PWC operations, environmental concerns, and courtesy on the water.
- Legal Requirements – ages to operate, registration, safety, state laws.
- Boating Emergencies, What to do- risk management, boating accidents, personal injuries, weather emergencies, getting help, and helping others.