The Fourth of July Freedom Festival will be Saturday, July 3, 2021, in Sebastian. The fun-filled day will include an opening ceremony, parade, festival, and fireworks.
Freedom Festival Run-Down
Opening Ceremony – The Opening Ceremony will be at 8:00 a.m. at the Veteran’s Memorial Flagpole at Riverview Park.
Parade – The Parade will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the intersection of Indian River Drive and Davis Street. The route will continue South along IR Drive, ending at Riverview Park.
- FYI for attendees: IR Drive will be closed down from Jackson Street to the Sportsmans Lodge starting at 6:00 a.m. on 7/3 until the parade’s conclusion. Once the parade ends, IR Drive will remain closed for the remainder of the day from Sportsman’s Lodge to Coolidge Street.
- How to register as a parade participant: Please visit the Sebastian Lion’s Club website for the appropriate forms and contact information.
Festival – The festival in Riverview Park will begin at the conclusion of the parade and last until 9:00 p.m. The festival will include arts/crafts vendors, food vendors, bands, and more.
- 9:45 a.m. – AirSports Flag Sky Dive Landing Just East of the Park
- 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Beer Sales at the Beer Concession
- 10:00 a.m. – Hula-Hoop Contest
- 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Music by Kenny Williams & Company
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Watermelon Eating Contest at the Bandstand (no hands allowed)
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. – Dana Ryder with Wheels Up (and special guests)
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. – Water Balloon Throwing Contest during a band break
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 – Karaoke Contest held by VFW Commander John Haskins ($50.00 Grand Prize, $20.00 2nd Prize)
- 6:00 pm – “Fireworks”: Bobby Owen Band Country, Blues, Oldies
Fireworks – The fireworks will begin at sunset.
For more information, visit the Sebastian Lion’s Club website.