Learn how to row from the Sebastian River Rowing Team

Sebastian River Rowing (Photo courtesy of SRR team)

Sebastian River Rowing (Photo courtesy of SRR team)

Sebastian River Rowing is excited to kick off its fall season for Youth (5th – 12th grade) and Adults 19+.

On Saturday, August 20th, from 9:00 am – 10:00 am, Sebastian River Rowing (SRR) will host a free learn-to-row day at their boathouse on Canal 54 in Fellsmere. Attendees will learn the basics of the sport with the help of the staff and volunteers. 

Youth rowers who sign up for the Free Learn to Row Day will have the opportunity to join the team for free the following week (August 22nd – 27th). No experience is required, just a desire to learn. 

Interested rowers need to sign up on the Sebastian River Rowing website.

Bring 

Sebastian River Rowing

Sebastian River Rowing is entering its 18th year of competition. It offers middle school, competitive middle school, high school, and master (adult) rowing. This past year, SRR brought home three more state championships, 2 scholastic and 1 youth, and is looking forward to this coming year.  

“We are returning a large number of rowers from last year’s team. We are sad to see our seniors from last year move on, but we are excited to see our team grow on and off the water under the direction of our experienced and hungry leaders,” Head Coach Tom Lange told Sebastian Daily.

The girl’s team is deep and more experienced than last year. Girls from 8th grade to seniors competed at last spring’s State Championship and are ready to work to get back there and either return to the podium or stake their claim as one of the best in the State. 

“We hope to continue building on our success last year and have all our boats in the hunt. Beyond States, we hope to return to Nationals this year and see how our speed compares with the Nation’s best,” said Lange. 

The guy’s team, led by a deep group of Sophomores and Juniors, is ready to test their limits while pushing the boundaries of their competition this fall and spring. Like the girls, they are excited to travel to Philadelphia this fall. They will compete in the Head of the Schuylkill at the end of October. The guys will also host a handful of races this fall on the Canal. 

“I am excited to see where our sophomore and junior boys take this team this year. Rowing is a sport in which you get what you put in. I know these guys are ready to continue their growth from last year and put what they have learned from seniors, coaches, and themselves into practice,” Lange said excitedly. 

Beyond the rowers returning, Lange is always excited to see new rowers take the water for the first time. 

“I remember my first day on the water and loving every second of it. I get to see that happens every time we offer a free learn-to-row day. I can’t wait to see who is ready to join our team and continue the tradition of success our rowers enjoy on and off the water,” added Lange.

Exit mobile version