The temperature in Sebastian was only 53 degrees at 9 a.m. this morning, and we will have another colder night. But the weather is about to change to warmer temperatures and sunny skies.
The cold front made its way into Sebastian, but we can expect warmer temperatures by Tuesday. The warmest day of the week will be Friday, when the daytime high is 86 degrees. The cooler overnight temperatures will remain all week.
Windy conditions will continue at 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Here’s a look at the daily temperatures (Highs/Lows):
- Monday – 70/49
- Tuesday – 75/60
- Wednesday – 79/65
- Thursday – 83/65
- Friday – 86/57
It’s too early to predict the weekend’s weather, but there’s only a small chance of rain in the forecast. The winds, however, are expected to get stronger with gusts as high as 25 mph. We’ll have another forecast later in the week.
With snook season upon us, many people have taken their boats to fish near the Sebastian Inlet. You can read our latest fishing report. Please exercise caution this week as there is a small craft advisory.
Here’s a look at the seas:
- Monday – Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots and gusty becoming north 5 to 10 knots in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 feet with occasional seas to 5 feet. A dominant period 9 seconds. A moderate chop on the Intracoastal waters.
- Tuesday – Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots, becoming southeast in the afternoon. Seas around 2 feet. A dominant period 9 seconds. A light chop on the Intracoastal waters.
- Wednesday – Southeast winds 5 to 10 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Mostly smooth on the Intracoastal waters. A moderate chop on the Intracoastal waters.
- Thursday – South winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet with occasional seas to 5 feet.
- Friday – Southwest winds 10 to 15 knots becoming west in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 4 feet with occasional seas to 5 feet. Chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms.
Again, please exercise caution when boating near the inlet.