We’ll have another beautiful week of weather until Wednesday, when we should get a few showers in Sebastian, Florida. Otherwise, expect sunny skies with highs near 80 degrees.
The National Weather Service (NWS) said a high-pressure ridge will extend across South Florida through tonight, then weaken as a weak cold front reaches north Florida on Tuesday.
“The front will sag across the local Atlantic waters late Tuesday night through mid-day Wednesday, accompanied by a few showers and possibly a lightning storm or two,” the agency said.
Our warmest day this week will be on Tuesday. Here’s a look at the daily temperatures (highs/lows).
- Monday – 88/65
- Tuesday – 87/64
- Wednesday – 79/63 (few showers)
- Thursday – 79/64
- Friday – 82/63
The winds will be 5 to 10 mph most of the week until Wednesday, when we’ll see gusts as high as 20 to 25 mph through the coming weekend.
It’s still too early to predict the weekend forecast, but thus far, we’re looking at sunny skies with highs near 88 degrees for both Saturday and Sunday.
There is some fire weather concern this week as we’re experiencing dry conditions. We’ll let you know of any alerts.
Much like the inland forecast, the waters will be choppy because of the wind gusts later in the week. There are no small craft advisories at this time.
“Increasing north to northeast winds and building seas will produce poor boating conditions from mid to late week, especially well offshore,” the National Weather Service said.
- Monday – South winds 5 to 10 knots becoming southeast 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet. A dominant period 9 seconds. A moderate chop on the Intracoastal waters.
- Tuesday – Northwest winds 5 knots becoming east in the afternoon. Seas around 2 feet. A dominant period 8 seconds. A light chop on the Intracoastal waters. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
- Wednesday – North winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 4 feet with occasional seas to 5 feet. A moderate chop on the Intracoastal waters. Slight chance of showers.
- Thursday – Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet with occasional seas to 6 feet.
- Friday – Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet with occasional seas to 6 feet.
We’ll have another Sebastian weather forecast by Friday.