Cinco de Mayo is almost here, and Sebastian is gearing up to celebrate with live music and food & drink specials.
Ay Jalisco’s Celebrates with a Mariachi Band, Mexican Food & Drink Specials
Ay Jalisco’s will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Mexican food, drink specials, and a Mariachi Band performing from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
- For more details, call (772) 388-2368.
- Address: 1814 US-1, in Sebastian
Cinco de Mayo Celebration at Sandy’s Grille
Sandy’s Grille will have $12.99 fish tacos, $6 margaritas, and $5 Corona’s in honor of Cinco De Mayo. In addition, Kevin McCullers will perform 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm.
- For more information, call (772) 589-3666.
- Location: 171 Sebastian Blvd (East), in Sebastian
Las Palmas Cuban Restaurant celebrates with Jalapeno Margaritas
Las Palmas Cuban Restaurant is celebrating Cinco de Mayo with 2-4-1 Jalapeno Margaritas from 11:00 am – 10:00 pm.
Call (772) 388-5188 for more details. Las Palmas Cuban Restaurant is located at 1451 Sebastian Blvd, in The Shoppes of Sebastian.
Mash Monkeys Brewing Company – Cinco de Mayo Beer Releases
Mash Monkeys Brewing Co. will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with live music, a food truck, and special beer releases.
- Live music – Matt Rosman will perform 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Food Truck – Oh My Cod Vegan Seafood Truck with taco specials 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Special Beer Releases – H.A.F.O. Persian Lime Cream Ale treated with Habaneros, Drain Plugger Stout treated with cinnamon and pepper (variety tbd).
- Call (772) 571-6283 for more details.
- Address: 920 US-1, in Sebastian
Capt Hirams Resort – Cinco de Mayo Specials & Live Music
Capt Hirams Resort will be celebrating Cinco De Mayo all-day with drink & food specials and live music.
- $5 coronas
- $6 Fireball shots
- $8 Jose Cuervo Margaritas
- $10 Voodoo Buckets
- $9 Queso Dip – served with warm tri-color tortilla chips
- $12 Nacho – w/seasoned beef, shredded lettuce, melted cheddar, jalapenos, sour cream, and salsa
- $13 Spicy beef tacos – two flour tortillas, shredded lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese with rice & beans on the side
- $14 Fiesta Salad – Taco seasoned chicken, roasted corn, black beans, peppers, onions, tomato, and cheese
- $14 Chicken Queso Fundito – Chicken, salad, and cheese wrapped in a flour tortilla and fried, topped with cheese, and served with a side of rice & beans.
- 3:00 pm – L&G
- 7:30 pm – Hypersona
For more information, call (772) 388-8588. Capt Hirams is located at 1606 Indian River Dr., in Sebastian.
Tiki Bar & Grill – Food & Drink Specials
Tiki Bar & Grill, located at 1109 Indian River Dr., will have food & drink specials for Cinco de Mayo.
Fried Chimichanga w/ beef or chicken topped w/ queso, served with a side of street corn salad.
- $5 Well Margaritas
- $20 Corona buckets
- $4 Coronas
- 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Chris Bellamy at Tiki Bar & Grill
- 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm: Anderson Council at Tiki Bar & Grill
Cinco de Mayo celebration with a Mexican Buffet
Barefoot Bay will celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a Mexican Buffet lakeside from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, and Allen Wronko will perform from 7:00 pm – 10:30 pm.
Tickets can be purchased at the lounge, 19th Hole, or the admin building. You must have a Barefoot Bay resident or guest pass to attend.
History of Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for “Fifth of May”) is a yearly celebration on May 5, commemorating the anniversary of Mexico’s victory over the Second French Empire in 1862 at the Battle of Puebla.
More popular in the United States than in Mexico, Cinco de Mayo has become associated with the celebration of Mexican-American culture. Cinco de Mayo celebrations began in California in 1863 in response to the resistance to French rule in Mexico.
Now, it is celebrated nationwide due to advertising campaigns by beer, wine, and tequila companies. It currently generates as much money in beer sales as the Super Bowl.