The Indian River County Sheriff’s Office is hosting its inaugural Inshore Fishing Tournament on June 18. All proceeds from the tournament will benefit the Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches.
Fish to be targeted include trout, redfish, snook, jack crevalle, and lady fish. Prizes will be awarded according to weight and/or length with separate categories for Junior and Lady anglers.
Cash prizes range from $100 to $500.
A mandatory Captains Meeting will be held from 7-10 p.m. June 17 at the Sebastian Mulligan’s Beach House, 806 Indian River Drive. The event will be held at the Twin Piers at Sebastian’s Riverview Park, just south of Mulligan’s.
Friends and families of the participants are welcome to wait at Mulligan’s – enjoy some food and drinks. Raffle prizes will be on display at the Twin Piers.
Article continues below ...
Registration is $150 per boat and $75 per non-motorized watercraft, such as kayaks and paddleboards. Register before June 1 and SAVE $25 off the registration fee.
Participants have until 9 p.m. June 17 to register. Registration can be done online at IRCSheriff.org/fishing-with-flowers prior to the Captain’s Meeting. Registration will remain open through 9 p.m. that evening.
Online, participants can also find the adult release form and the child hold harmless agreement. Forms can be printed and filled out prior to the Captains Meeting or taken care of during the meeting. More information will be provided during the mandatory meeting.
- All fish other than snook must be brought in at Twin Piers for measurement and/or weight.
- All fishing and angling methods must comply with the current Federal, State and U.S.C.G. safety and fishing Regulations.
- All anglers must be paid and registered up to the Captains Meeting, June 17, no later than 9 p.m. No refund of entry fees. If you pay before June 1, there is a $25 discount.
- Tournament weigh in will start at Noon, June 18. Last boat to come in for weigh in will be determined at Captains Meeting on June 17.
- No rotten or mutilated fish will be allowed to be weighed in.
- In the event of a tie, the team that checked in first with the Tournament Check In officials wins.
- All details will be covered in the Captains Meeting, which is mandatory.
- All Captains must attend the Captains meeting at Mulligan’s Beach House, 806 Indian River Drive, Sebastian
- Each angler will need to sign a waiver prior to the fishing tournament.