The Environmental Learning Center is seeking passionate, nature-loving high school students at least 16-years-old to join its paid summer internship program.
Scope of Internship:
Summer 2022 is shaping up to be an exciting season for growth and learning. The ELC is looking for motivated interns with multi-disciplinary interests to:
- Learn and explore careers leading to a more sustainable future through working with staff and volunteers in teaching camps for children.
- Design interpretive guest experiences, market, and communicate the organization’s activities to the public.
- Maintain the large display public aquarium and touch tank.
- Assist in general guest services.
- Conduct ecological field research.
- Receive mentoring from its nature center staff in all manner of operations.
This internship will be from May 30th through August 5th, 2022. Week one is a training week, and it is mandatory for all interns. Each work schedule varies and is generally 24-40 hours per week. Each week interns work three to five 8-hour days each week up to 240 hours total during the internship experience.
This internship is open to high school students at least 16 years of age by June 1st, 2022, who qualify for free and reduced lunch, and are eligible for work in the United States.
- Completed Application Form.
- One-page essay describing career interests.
- Two letters of reference from teachers or coaches (no relatives, please).
For more information about this opportunity, visit the 2022 Highschool Intern Application. The Application Deadline is April 22, 2022. For more information, call (772) 589-5050.
Newsletter: Make sure you signup for the Sebastian Daily Newsletter to stay informed with everything going on in Sebastian, Florida.