VERO BEACH, Florida – On October 27th, 2018, the Sunrise Rotary of Vero Beach hosted their Centennial Chili Challenge, which was part of the Vero 100 Centennial Celebration.
There were twenty-two entries and 10 gallons of Chili that tied for five different categories 1st place.
Mrs. Centennial Anna Valencia gave out the following awards:
- Peoples Choice – The Source
- Best Booth – the Republican Women of IR
- NonProfit 1st – Relay for Life Team & 2nd place The Buggy Bunch
- Independent category 1st place – Hodge Podge & 2nd place – TCPalm
- Civic 1st – Vero Beach Lifeguards Association & 2nd place – the Republican Women of IR
- Breweries – 1st place Sailfish & 2nd place – Walking Tree
- Restaurants – 1st place Pizzoodles & 2nd place – VB Yacht Club
Two 3rd place awards went to the Sebastian Rotary Club and the Vatland Auto Group.
The local media representative judges included Gregory Enns of Indian River Magazine, Stephanie Labaff of 32963, Bob Soos of Treasure and Space Coast Radio, Eve Samples of TCPalm, and Thomas Miller the Vero Beach Foodie. Also, the Best decorated booth was judged by Centennial representatives and of course Peoples Choice.
Subscribe to our Vero Beach Newsletter to find out what's going on around Indian River County.
Copyright 2018 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.