Woman reuniting with father’s ashes after car break-in

A stolen urn from a car break-in in Vero Beach was found in Englewood, Florida.

VERO BEACH – A woman seeking the return of her father’s ashes and urn had her wish come true this weekend. The woman’s car was broken into last June at Turtle Trail Beach where thieves stole her purse and her father’s ashes.

Sebastian Daily received a call last Friday from a man who said he found the urn at a beach in Englewood, Florida. The man said he searched the Internet and found our news story about someone breaking into Malorie Beth’s car in Vero Beach.

“I saw the news story about the stolen ashes and knew it had to be the same urn,” the man told Sebastian Daily. A few minutes later, we reached out to Beth and showed her a picture of the urn that the man in Englewood sent us.

“Thank you so much I can’t believe it … I’m crying so hard. I am so excited,” Beth told Sebastian Daily. “I lost him almost right after he passed away so I am so glad he was found.”

Beth and the man are working out details on how the urn will be returned.

Thieves broke into the woman's car, stealing her purse and urn in Vero Beach.
Thieves broke into the woman’s car, stealing her purse and urn in Vero Beach.

In June, Beth parked her car on Turtle Trail Beach Access and returned about an hour later to find her car window smashed. She then realized her purse, and the urn were stolen.

“My dad just passed recently, and that’s all I have left of him,” Beth explained at the time. “That urn means everything to me.”

Exit mobile version