Sebastian couple offers advice after being married almost 30 years

Squeegie and Amy Jenkins recently celebrated their 27th anniversary in Sebastian, Florida.

A local couple who just celebrated their 27th wedding anniversary has some advice on marriage.

“Marry someone you actually enjoy spending time with. Marry more than just what you see on the outside. Marry someone who is a little crazier when you are being a little too sane, or a little more adventurous when you are being too scared,” C.g. “Squeegie” Jenkins told Sebastian Daily.

Squeegie and Amy Jenkins run their own design company called Squeegie Studios in Sebastian. They have designed a lot of logos for local businesses and national companies.

Squeegie and Amy Jenkins
Squeegie and Amy Jenkins

When they’re not working together during the day, Squeegie is usually playing in a band on the weekends called 21 to Burn. Amy can be found cheering her husband on as he plays the bass guitar.

“Marriage is like a see-saw. You have to work together to enjoy the ride,” Jenkins said.

The divorce rate of married couples is 40 to 50 percent in the United States. More than 40 percent of new marriages end in divorce.

Squeegie and Amy knew each other for 4 months before they got married. They had twin boys who were born 4 months premature, and one of them was born with severe cerebral palsy.

“He couldn’t walk or talk, and for 10 years we took care of him before he passed away at 11 years old,” Squeegie said. Their surviving son is now 21-years-old and in college.

This Sebastian couple has overcome so much together, and they keep pushing forward, never giving up.

Squeegie plays bass for the 21 to Burn band. Amy is usually cheering him on.

“She’s my best friend, my confidant, and my everything, and I wouldn’t trade her for anything or anyone else. As we get older, I realized how lucky I am to have someone who always has my back through thick and thin,” he added. Squeegie also said his wife is an amazing mother.

So what’s their advice?

“If I can give advice to any married couples it would be to marry your best friend that’s the biggest thing,” Amy Jenkins said. “And always have fun together no matter what happens.”

Happy Anniversary Squeegie and Amy Jenkins!

Exit mobile version