Sebastian Artist Completes Home Mural Project

Allyson Rico

Local Artist Allyson Rico completes a two-month, approximately 40’x20′ mural project, on an unincorporated Sebastian home. The homeowner loves her waterfront home but was less than pleased about the dull boxed look. So, she asked Rico for a mural with big puffy clouds on top and an underwater view below.

Of course, the creative artist decided to take the idea a bit further. She chose to bring both the ocean and river to life on the property. 

“I decided I wanted to do both the ocean and the river in the mural to show how every bit of the water around us is interconnected and important. So I used a lot of animals that I saw around me in and around the house like the cormorant, heron, turtles, and manatees,” Rico told Sebastian Daily

The homeowner is an art lover and has many art pieces on the property, and Rico felt it was essential to keep them there.

“The rest of the animals are Florida animals, with most of the ocean side animals being found in the Florida keys. I also didn’t want her to move any of her artwork or plants that she had in front of the house, even though she said she would,” Rico stated. 

So, she made sure that the statues and plants worked with the mural, like the manatees peeking out around the mermaid and the cormorant diving behind the dolphin. 

“I love doing murals. I love looking at a space, the environment around it, the people in it, and creating artwork that brings all of it together in harmony,” she said.

However, Rico creates so much more than murals. Her business Art By Allyson, invites you to “Let your imagination run wild,” with paintings, custom pieces, events, portraits & memories, landscapes & nature, and of course, murals. You can also watch the mural being created from start to finish on the website.

If you are interested in having Allyson Rico create something extraordinary for you, she can be reached at (772)539-1403 or allyrico@yahoo.com.

Exit mobile version