Indian River County Sheriff Eric Flowers Issues Public Apology

Indian River County Sheriff Eric Flower

Indian River County Sheriff Eric Flower

For the past couple of weeks, there’s been a lot of rumors circulating about Indian River County Sheriff Eric Flowers. First, there were rumors that he and his wife were divorcing and that he was involved in an extramarital affair.

Sebastian Daily opted not to publish any of these reports since they were based on rumors and not backed by facts. Furthermore, we felt that it would be a disservice to our readers had we reported rumors and speculation about someone like Flowers.

We spoke with Flowers last week, and he informed us that he was going through a personal matter. Today, he has issued a public apology to his wife Rachel, the IRCSO, our community, and his supporters.

“I am publicly apologizing to my wife Rachel and our family for all the hurt, embarrassment, and anger I’ve caused. I am also apologizing to the agency, community, and my supporters for not living up to my own personal high standards. Please know I will not allow my personal life and these challenges to affect my role as your Indian River County Sheriff. I am committed to keeping our community safe and will remain focused on leading the agency. Rachel and I both appreciate all of the messages we have received but ask that you give us privacy as we work together on our marriage. I am sorry to all the agency and community members who I have disappointed, and I will work hard to earn your trust and support going forward,” Flowers said in a statement.

Thus far, most people in the community appear to be standing with Flowers and his wife Rachel in their efforts to work things out and make their marriage better. However, there have been negative comments about Flowers on social media.

Judging by the social media comments, Flowers has a long road ahead to earn back trust with those who are disappointed.

Exit mobile version