When will Sebastian reopen? Governor DeSantis to make announcement

Governor Ron DeSantis

Governor Ron DeSantis

Sebastian residents are itching to work and get back to their lives now that most businesses have been closed for more than a month.

A decision on when that may occur could come today by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.

“I created a task force, and I have all kinds of folks we have some of the great health systems, great docs, business folks, elected officials — they’ve submitted a report to me, I’m going to be reviewing that today. Obviously, we’ve been thinking about what we need to do, and so we’ll announce it,” DeSantis said Tuesday.

According to President Trump’s reopening American plan, restaurants and all other businesses can operate as long as they practice strict social distancing guidelines. Phase two will reopen schools and loosen restrictions. Phase three is what health experts call “the new normal” and would get most establishments back up and running at full swing.

Gov. DeSantis met with President Trump on Tuesday and is planning to make an announcement today. The current statewide state at home order to set to expire Thursday. DeSantis also said he would take a “thoughtful” approach.

While the announcement may be encouraging, DeSantis said he will still protect those who are most at-risk and will continue to conduct testing at nursing homes and assisted living facilities.

In Sebastian, nothing has changed much with new cases in almost two weeks. New cases for Malabar, Grant, Barefoot Bay, Micco, and Fellsmere have also been the same for nearly two weeks.

Sebastian Daily will keep you updated about the announcement.

Exit mobile version