Week 2 Spotlight: Sebastian River High School’s Star Football Players

AJ Seese (left) and Joseph-Butler (right)

AJ Seese (left) and Joseph-Butler (right)

This week, we are featuring Sebastian River High School football players AJ Seese and Joseph Butler, chosen by their coaches, as our spotlight players for week 2. 

AJ Seese (#77)

AJ Seese, a senior, first took to the football field in 2020 as part of an 8-man team, which was unfortunately disbanded due to COVID-19. However, it was this experience that ignited his passion for the sport. He now serves as an offensive guard for the Sharks.

Currently boasting a GPA of 3.5, Seese has aspirations to join a fire academy after graduation. His goal is to earn a two-year degree, enabling him to advance in rank.

So far, his most memorable high school experience has been participating in midnight practices.

“My favorite memory is the midnight practices. These are a different atmosphere. It brings a whole new feeling to the beginning of the season and a different type of love for the sport,” Seese told Sebastian Daily.  

The coaching staff at SRHS has profoundly influenced this senior, inspiring him to excel on the football field.

“Coach Perry and Coach Harris have made a big impact on my desire to play by encouraging me to give my all at all levels and to play the best that I can,” Seese stated.

Beyond the football field, this athlete has a keen interest in mechanical engineering, driven by his curiosity for disassembling objects to understand their inner workings.

“I want to shout out to my mom for always pushing me and doing anything she can to help me,” he stated.  

Joseph Butler (#27)

Senior Joseph Butler has played football since middle school and youth league days. Currently, he holds the position of defensive safety for the Sharks and maintains a 3.7 GPA.

Like his older brother John, he intends to pursue college-level football post-graduation while also following the path God has laid out for him. 

When he’s not on the football field, Joseph enjoys video gaming and physical exercise.

The 6’1 athlete thanks the SRHS football coaches for keeping him accountable and being great role models.

“The coaches hold me accountable and are big role models for the man I want to become,” Butler told Sebastian Daily. “Football has always been a passion of mine, and I love the competition,” he added.

Butler is also thankful to his family for their support throughout his life.

“I want to thank my family for always supporting me and my Dad for being a great leader,” he stated.

Next Game

The Sharks Varsity football team will be playing Friday, September 1, 2023, at home against Astronaut High School, with kick-off at 7:00 p.m. 

Exit mobile version