VNA Congratulates 2017 Associate of the Year

Lisa Sellers becomes Associate of the Year for 2017.

Lisa Sellers becomes Associate of the Year for 2017.

VERO BEACH – The Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) of the Treasure Coast is pleased to announce Lisa Sellers, ARNP, MSN, FNP-C has been named VNA’s Associate of the Year. Sellers manages the VNA’s associate wellness program, as well as the VNA’s Health Care on Wheels mobile health clinic.

Nominated by her peers for her commitment to promoting a healthy lifestyle, Sellers provides a variety of health and wellness programs and customizing wellness plans for associates. She also serves as the organization’s on-site wellness nurse.

“We are so pleased to have Lisa focus on health and wellness with our associates,” said Rosalie Webster, vice president of Human Resources & Education. “One of the advantages of joining the VNA is our ability to offer medical services in-house by our associate wellness nurse versus having to wait for a doctor’s appointment or having to wait at a walk-in clinic.”

In addition to offering an employee wellness clinic, the VNA offers free flu shots to its associates and discounted flu shots to immediate family members.

“I am honored to be recognized as Associate of the Year. It has been a great privilege to take care of the staff at the VNA,” Sellers remarked. “We all work as a team to provide the highest level of care to our patients, their families and the community. The role I have is unique as I get to take care of the clinicians and office staff and tend to their health and wellness issues and help to get them back to providing excellence in the community. I want to thank the staff who voted for me!” She is currently offering a competitive weight-loss challenge and a variety of well attended weekly exercise programs.

Sellers has also coordinated educational presentations for employees on topics like: healthy meal prep and recipes, eye care, spine health, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, drunk driving prevention, colon health and many more diverse, applicable topics relevant to VNA staff.

Originally from Ellington, Connecticut, Sellers began her nursing career in 1996. She has worked as a clinical educator for the School District of Indian River County, in addition to home health, eventually discovering her original love of general and vascular surgery. She graduated from Florida Atlantic University in 2012 as an ARNP and worked in general vascular surgery until 2015.

Sellers began working for the VNA in 2015 and is an active member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Sigma Theta Tau. She lives in Vero Beach with her husband and two daughters and enjoys being involved in the Indian River community.

Exit mobile version