Vero Beach woman claims RMR Car Wash damaged her vehicle

Woman says her vehicle was damaged by BMR Car Wash in Vero Beach. (Photo: Kim Hammock)

VERO BEACH – A woman says her vehicle was damaged after driving her car through the RMR Car Wash in Vero Beach.

Kim Hammock wanted to share what happened at the car wash in Vero Beach so that it might save someone else the stress that she went through.

“I went to the car wash on my lunch hour and drove through the automatic, but it was not working,” Hammock told Sebastian Daily. “I waited 5 or 10 minutes and pulled out and the whole arm came down on my car.”

Hammock called the Vero Beach Police Department to report the damage, but they said officers had been called out there several times already for the same reason.

Vehicle damaged at RMR Car Wash in Vero Beach.
Vehicle damaged at RMR Car Wash in Vero Beach. (Photo: Kim Hammock)
Customer said the arm of the car wash scraped her vehicle. (Photo: Kim Hammock)

“They tried to contact the owner but could not get a hold of him,” said Hammock.

Unfortunately, they could not help her but provided an incident number which may help later.

“As I sat in the heat wondering how I was going to get my car out two men that live behind the car wash said that they knew how to get ahold of him [the owner] and that he would have my car out in no time,” Hammock said.

About fifteen minutes later, the owner of RMR Car Wash arrived. He lifted up the arm and guided her vehicle out.

“There was severe damage, and he said he was not liable for it because I was the one driving the car,” said Hammock.

“He did, however, asked me if I wanted a car wash again and that he would make sure it didn’t happen again,” according to Hammock.

Hammock looked at the owner and said: “Are you kidding me?”

There are two locations listed for RMR Car Wash in Vero Beach. This incident occurred at their U.S. Highway 1 location.

Exit mobile version