Vero Beach Chiropractor Celebrates Birthday With Homeless Families, Children

Vero Beach chiropractor celebrates her own birthday by hosting a party with homeless families and children. (Dr. Marlene Mahipat pictured)

VERO BEACH – Dr. Marlene Mahipat hosted a party for homeless families with children October 29th from 5 to 7 pm at the Hope Family Center in Vero Beach.

“I did my birthday party at a homeless shelter last night … I just want to encourage others to do the same,” Dr. Mahipat told Sebastian Daily.

This marks the 15th year that she has celebrated her own birthday by throwing a party for people in need. In addition to pizza, drinks, and birthday cake, each child received presents and a Halloween bag of candy. Dr. Marlene also gave free chiropractic adjustments and treatments to children and adults at the shelter.

Dr. Mahipat, a Florida-licensed chiropractor, began the tradition because of her own background.

“Coming from humble beginnings, I never had anything for my birthdays,” she explains. “I am grateful that I am blessed in many ways so I show that gratitude by celebrating my birthdays with those less fortunate.”

Pizza for the party.
Pizza for the party.
Gifts for homeless children.
Gifts for homeless children.
Dr. Marlene Mahipat celebrates her birthday with homeless families & children.

Two years ago, more than 700 homeless people showed up to celebrate her 50th birthday in Baltimore, Maryland. Now she is focused on helping both people and animals in Indian River County as the founder of two national non-profits and recipient of numerous awards for her charitable work.

Established in 2006, H.O.P.E provides food, clothes, vitamins, and educational supplies to underprivileged and displaced children. P.L.E.A.S.E. helps the elderly with food and vet bills for their pets and rescues healthy animals by finding new families for them.

Dr. Mahipat is also expanding Mediquest, her Maryland-based company, to Florida. The practice provides cost-effective chiropractic and physical therapy as well as a holistic approach to wellness through nutritional guidance, genetic testing, hair and stool analysis, and blood work.

In addition to serving the general public, she specializes on people with special needs such as pregnant women and infants.

Exit mobile version