Sebastian River High School Week 1: Football Players Spotlight 

Markei Lynch Jr. and Christopher Wheat

Markei Lynch Jr. and Christopher Wheat

Every week, Sebastian Daily spotlights 2 hard-working Sebastian River High School varsity football chosen by their coaches. For the inaugural week, the highlighted athletes are varsity outside/middle linebacker Markei Lynch Jr. and offensive/defensive lineman Christopher Wheat.

Markei Lynch Jr (#32)

Senior Markei Lynch Jr., who plays as an outside/middle linebacker and running back, started his football journey seven years ago with Sebastian Youth Football at the Barber Street Sports Complex.

Currently enrolled in honors courses, Lynch boasts a GPA of 3.7. Post-graduation from SRHS, he aspires to attend college to continue his education and pursue his passion for football.

Lynch cherishes the memories and conversations he’s had with Coach Freeman over the years.

Beyond the football field, he’s fond of weightlifting, spending quality time with friends, and immersing himself in video games.

Expressing gratitude towards his support system, Lynch shared with Sebastian Daily, “I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to my parents, coaches, and teammates. Mom & Dad, I can’t thank you enough for always standing by my side. I love you.”

Christopher Wheat (#64)

Senior Christopher Wheat stands out both as an offensive and defensive lineman and in the classroom with a GPA of 3.122. His football journey began towards the end of his freshman year, and he’s been passionate about it ever since.

In addition to football, he is on the track and field team; his event is shot put. After high school, his goal is to play Division 1 football. He doesn’t have any offers as of yet. However, he is being considered for some Division 1 program scholarships. 

“Ever since I was told that I have a good chance of playing Division 1 football, I have been focused and working towards that goal, and I’m getting closer and closer,” Wheat stated.

When asked about his experiences with the SRHS coaches, Wheat stated, “The coaches that mean a lot to me are Coach Perry, Coach Harris, and Coach Jeff because they push me past my limits to make me better, not just for myself, but for our team.” 

Outside of football, the athlete enjoys going to the beach, weightlifting, hanging out with friends, and having fun. 

Wheat looks forward to making more great memories in his senior year and has fond memories from his junior year. 

My favorite high school memory was the Spring game at the end of my junior year. I had a lot of fun playing both sides of the ball. 

“I would like to give a shoutout to my family for their support, everyone who has gone to the games to show support for me and my teammates and all my friends, Wheat told Sebastian Daily.

The Sharks will be playing tonight, Friday, August 26, 2023, in Dover, against Specially Fit Academy, with kick-off at 7:00 p.m. 

Exit mobile version