Sebastian residents celebrate with fireworks during Labor Day weekend

Fourth of July fireworks in Sebastian, Florida.

Fourth of July fireworks in Sebastian, Florida.

Sebastian residents and boaters congregated Saturday night for a fireworks display from the lagoon. The fireworks were postponed from July 4th and rescheduled for the Labor Day weekend.

“It was an amazing display! I’m so happy that our residents had the opportunity to get out and enjoy the evening. The fireworks display in Sebastian means so much to me because it brings the town together to celebrate America and reflect on what makes this place so special,” Councilman Jim Hill told Sebastian Daily.

Hill pushed for the fireworks when there was some doubt with the Council over COVID-19 concerns. Hill told the Council they could cancel the parade, but stressed they should approve the fireworks.

A small rain shower arrived from the south of Sebastian, but most people didn’t move an inch.

“I’ve been waiting for this. We won’t melt,” a local resident shouted while standing on a dock south of Mulligans.

The City of Sebastian also streamed the fireworks live, which was also shared on Sebastian Daily. Unfortunately, the small shower shorted out the power that led to the camera near the end of the event.

On Sunday, people were still talking about the fireworks as the Sebastian diners opened for breakfast, with some sharing photos from the night before.

It’s been a time of political turmoil and embarrassment for Sebastian, as three Council members are up for recall, while the city is still dealing with a pandemic.

Sebastian citizens will take anything positive right now as they hope for better days ahead in their city.

Exit mobile version