Sebastian Residents Ask People To Stop Tossing Gloves in Yards

People are tossing gloves from their vehicles in Sebastian, Florida.

Around Sebastian, you’ll find plastic and latex gloves left in shopping carts, parking lots, and now in yards from people tossing them out of the windows from their vehicles.

It’s becoming a real nuisance for homeowners.

Dan McGinnis, who lives off of Roseland Road, says he finds the gloves in his yard at least four or five times a week.

“In the last 10 days, I went out and seen gloves on my lawn at least four times. I live on Roseland Rd, so it’s a crowded street. But, they shouldn’t be throwing them out the window,” McGinnis told Sebastian Daily.

Another resident said she found a pair of gloves sitting in a shopping cart. People are wearing them to protect themselves while grocery shopping, but then they are leaving them in the cart, making it a potential hazard to other people.

There are gloves also seen in the parking lots at Dunkin’ Donuts, the Post Office, Publix, and Walmart.

Gloves found in the parking lot at Dunkin Donuts.
Gloves found in the parking lot at Dunkin Donuts.
Gloves found in the parking lot at the Post Office.

We ask that if you use gloves or face mask, please dispose of them properly in a trash receptacle. Also, please don’t throw them out of the windows from your vehicles.

By not disposing of them properly, you are putting other people at risk.

Exit mobile version