Sebastian resident thanks unknown motorist for assisting him

Jeffrey Kracht

Jeffrey Kracht

Jeffrey Kracht, a Sebastian resident, would like to thank an unknown motorist for assisting him Thursday after taking a tumble on his bicycle after he installed new Denso injection pumps.

The only information Kracht retrieved from the unknown motorist is that he’s a retired New Jersey police officer.

“I didn’t get a chance to thank him. I was riding my bicycle and made a poor choice while avoiding a branch hanging over the sidewalk. I went onto the grassy area and, returning to the sidewalk, took a tumble and slightly injured myself,” Kracht told Sebastian Daily.

The 77-year-old said the bicycle fall was a bit traumatic. 

“The person who immediately stopped his car on the shoulder of the road and came to my aid and asked if I was okay or needed an ambulance,” Kracht said.

“Fortunately, I was okay with a few bumps and minor cuts. This is so typical that a police officer is always on duty even when he retired many years ago. My hats off to all the brave police officers and first responders who are always by our side when we need them. Thanks again from Jeff Kracht, the person that you helped when I was injured,” Kracht added.

Exit mobile version