Sebastian Police Department Took 2nd Place in the 3rd Annual 1st Responders Lip Sync Battle

Sebastian police officer Jason Gillette

Last night we had the pleasure of attending the 3rd Annual 1st Responders Lip Sync Battle, hosted by Oceans Unite Christian Centre in the Indian River Mall parking lot.

This year all of the first responders were competing for money for their charities. Many people were in attendance, bundled up in their jackets and blankets as they patiently waited for the fierce competition to begin.

Competitors

Competing this year were the reigning champions Sebastian Police Department, Vero Beach Police Department, Veterans, and Lawnwood Pediatric Nurses.

The judges were quite impressive

The Veterans started the competition with an emotional performance called “A soldier silent night.” Being the daughter of a Vietnam Veteran, who is no longer with us, this performance hit home.

“I had tears in my eyes; it was beautiful, stated Barbara Freund of Vero Voice. 

Next up was the Lawnwood Pediatric Nurses of St. Lucie County. They used a mixture of songs, one of which was “A Querintine Christmas.”

“The first responders & hospital employees have the most difficult jobs of everybody, stated Indian River County Property Appraiser Wesley Davis.

The Vero Beach Police Department brought their A-Game, which included their commander Chief Currey. They did a cute and lively reenactment of Grandma got ran over by a reindeer.

Davis chimed in saying, “I saw all I wanted to see.”

Last but not least, the reigning 2019 champions performed “All I Want for Christmas” rock-n-roll style. Officer Jason Gillette stole the show with his shimmering jacket, hat, and dance moves while singing, “I’m still standing,” in reference to Covid-19 and the election.

“I think that was absolutely brilliant; Jason wow,” stated Pastor Alex of the Oceans Oceans Unite Christian Centre.

Category Results

Overall Results

First Place went to the Vero Beach Police Department. The Sebastian Police Department came in second by only one vote, and the Veterans & Lawnwood Pediatric Nurses tied for 3rd Place.

In the end, all of the first responders raised money for their charities.

“Congratulations to the Vero Beach Police Department; they did a great job. We look forward to competing again next year, Officer Jason Gillette of the Sebastian Police Department told Sebastian Daily.

Charities

Vero Beach Police Department raised $2,500 for the Women Refuge of Vero Beach. If you’re looking to be restored, refreshed, or renewed, they’re here to help! 

“This was a fun, friendly holiday lip-sync competition between local first responders and health care workers. Given the year we have had, it was a great time to come together and be recognized by our community. We are thankful and excited to be the 2020 Oceans Unite Lip Sync Champions! We are also honored to have chosen the Women’s Refuge Center as our charity, as they are the beneficiary of $2500.00,” Chief Currey told Sebastian Daily.

“Our performance was choreographed and organized by the staff and performers from Artistry In Motion. They were simply awesome! We thank Oceans Unite Christian Centre for hosting this annual event enjoyed by all, Chief Currey added.

The Sebastian Police Department handed over a check for $1,000 to Indian River Habitat For Humanity, whose mission is to put God’s love into action. Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. 

The Veterans and Lawnwood Pediatric Nurses both received $500 each for their charities, Buggy Bunch & CareNet Pregnancy Center. 

The Buggy Bunch’s mission is to build relationships and meet the needs of Indian River County moms and their families. They exist to share the love of Jesus Christ through programming, outreach, and discipleship. 

Care Net Pregnancy Center of Indian River County offers a long list of services, including pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, pregnancy options consultations, adoption consultations and referrals, college and career coaching, and much more. 

Here’s a video of the Sebastian Police Department’s performance:

Exit mobile version