Sebastian Police Department Teaches Rape Aggression Defense to Women

Sebastian Police Department Teaches RAD class to Women

Sebastian Police Department Teaches RAD class to Women

The Sebastian Police Department, in conjunction with the Indian River County Sherriff’s Office, held their first Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Course of 2022 at Sebastian Charter Junior High School. 

The SPD’s RAD Women program teaches realistic self-defense tactics and techniques to women of all ages, empowering them to become more aware of their surroundings and have the confidence to get out of risky assault situations. It is NOT a martial arts program.

The goal is to reduce their risk of assault by providing them with hands-on instruction on various self-defense concepts and techniques.

When I found out that the Sebastian Police Department was offering this program, I grabbed a few friends and dove in headfirst, and I am very grateful I did. This program will change you forever. It’s one of the most empowering things I have ever done in my life, and while I am hoping I will never have to use the techniques I learned, I will be ready if I do. I highly recommend this program for all women.

Officer Donald R. Hart of the Sebastian PD, who led the program, was happy with the bravery, confidence, and personal growth of all women in attendance.      

“This particular class that we hosted this week was very successful and the women who attended showed a tremendous amount of bravery, confidence, and personal growth. We were very fortunate to be part of a team with the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office, and were able to devote the time to help make a difference in their lives,” Officer Hart told Sebastian Daily.

Instructors 

Sebastian Police Department 

Indian River County Sheriff’s Office

The Sebastian Police Department and the Indian River County Sheriff’s Office will have additional RAD Women & RAD Kids classes in the future. Sebastian Daily will keep you posted on upcoming dates. 

For more information on the Sebastian Police Department’s RAD Women & RAD Kids programs, contact Officer Donald R. Hart by calling (772) 228-7089 or emailing him at dhart@cityofsebastian.org

Exit mobile version