Sebastian Police Department is Re-Accredited with their Second Excelsior Status

Sebastian Police Department

Congratulations to the Sebastian Police Department for being re-accredited for their second Excelsior status by the Commission for Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation (CFA).

The Sebastian PD achieved Excelsior status by successfully attaining reaccreditation for 5 successful three-year cycles. They were initially accredited in 2002, and received their first Excelsior status in 2017.

“I am extremely proud of our staff for their performance and knowledge of our policies during the accreditation assessment. The committee of assessors who evaluated our agency expressed how impressed they were with everyone’s knowledge of our procedures and what we accomplish with the number of employees we have. The previous Police Chief, Michelle Morris, left our agency in great shape and our Accreditation Manager, Felicia Stoll, worked tirelessly to ensure we were prepared. I am honored to serve as the Chief of Police for this great agency, and I’m grateful for our team’s commitment and enthusiasm to our profession,” state Chief Dan Acosta.

The accreditation increases the Sebastian Police Departments’ ability to prevent and control crime through more efficient and effective and delivery of law enforcement services in our community.

The Sebastian Police Department consists of seven departments, including investigations, road patrol, special operations, support services, code enforcement & alarms, administrations, and volunteers.

Exit mobile version