Sebastian Majors Softball All-Stars Advancing to State

Sebastian Majors Softball All-Stars Team

SEBASTIAN – The Sebastian Majors Softball team is on their way to Fort Myers as the All-Stars advance.

The team won the District 17 All-Star tournament last week against Port St. Lucie 6-5.

They also played Fort Pierce and won 13-6. Following that game, they beat Port St. Lucie for the Championship 9-2.

On July 7th, Sebastian’s softball all-stars won the Sectional Tournament against Eau Gallie. The score of the first game was 2-1, and 13-1 for the second game.

“Our team is made up of a wonderful group of young ladies who give it their all on the field,” Coach Mary Saylor told Sebastian Daily.

Saylor says Sebastian has a phenomenal team made up Kelis Tawzer #7 left field, Whitney Villars #99 left field, Makenzie Swain #8 center field, Dayna Patten #83 right field and second base, Haley Macleary #2 third base, Kenna Barley #1 third base, Maileigh Kincaid #11 shortstop, Emma Youngblood #66 second base, Jasmin Huber #00 first base and pitcher, Amonty Johnson #12 catcher and Natalie Saylor #4 pitcher and first base.

“I would not be able to coach without my third base coach Guy Tibbetts and my dugout coach Christine Macleary,” Saylor added.

The team is now advancing to State, which is in Fort Myers from July 13th through July 15th. The winner of this game will proceed to the regional tournament in Warner Robins, Georgia.

The softball team plays in the Sebastian River Area Little League. They have set up a GoFundMe page to try to help lower the costs of lodging and food for families.

Saylor says any contribution is greatly appreciated.

“Any funds not used for all-stars will be used to improve our league by purchasing new equipment,” she said.

Let’s show the team our support by donating and wish them luck in the upcoming games!

Exit mobile version