Sebastian Crossing Guard Nominated for Florida Department of Transportation Award

Sebastian crossing guard Tinamarie Ioffredo (left) has been nominated for the 2018 Florida School Crossing Guard of the Year award.

SEBASTIAN – A local crossing guard has been recognized for going the extra mile to ensure the safety of children in Sebastian.

Tinamarie Ioffredo has been nominated for the 2018 Florida School Crossing Guard of the Year. The award will be presented to the winner on School Crossing Appreciation Day, which is usually the first Friday in February. The next celebration will be on February 1, 2019.

“I would like to say how honored and privileged I feel to have been nominated. Through the years of being a crossing guard, I have met many wonderful children and their families, who have impacted my life to no end,” Ioffredo told Sebastian Daily.

Ioffredo said she enjoys being a positive influence for children as a crossing guard. She says it’s important to greet them with a smile because it sets a positive mood for their day.

Tinamarie Ioffredo is a crossing guard in Sebastian, FL.

“Not many people can say that they love their job, I can. I love what I do, and I’m passionate about it. The safety of my crossing families is #1 priority,” Ioffredo said.

For Ioffredo, living in Sebastian is awesome because it’s a small hometown with a family feel.

“It’s a tight community, and I am lucky to be able to raise my kids in this wonderful town,” she said.

Ioffredo is going into her 8th year as a crossing guard in Sebastian, Florida.

Exit mobile version