Sebastian Cadet Receives the Legion of Valor Bronze Cross Achievement Award

Mia Martinelli

Sebastian River High School Cadet Commanding Officer, Lieutenant Commander Mia Martinelli, was recently awarded the Legion of Valor Bronze Cross Achievement Award.

The Legion of Valor Bronze Cross Achievement Award recognizes one Reserve Officer Training Corps cadet student in eight brigades across the country. The award honors cadets for scholastic excellence in military and academic subjects.

Lieutenant Commander Martinelliis is one of only 2 NJROTC cadets in Florida and 22 in the nation to receive this award this year.

She is a senior and is in her fourth year at Shark Company. She has been an administrative assistant, Administrative Officer, a platoon commander, the company Senior Chief and she is currently academic team commander and Commanding Officer.

Mia Martinelli
Mia Martinelli

In addition, she is in the IB Diploma Program, plays water polo, and swims for Sebastian River High School and a club team.

“I’m currently in the dual enrollment program with SRHS NJROTC and Embry Riddle. I’m looking forward to learning about being a better leader in our NJROTC program and my school, and I aspire to go to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy upon graduation of Sebastian River to become a U.S. Coast Guard Officer, Martinelli stated.

The Navy Junior Reserve Officiers Training Corps provides an opportunity for secondary school students to learn basic elements and need for national security and their personal obligations as Americans. It enhances the image of the military in the eyes of the community by providing a chance for success to the nation’s youth.

Exit mobile version