Man proposes to girlfriend on one of the islands in Sebastian

Berrick Abramson makes a marriage proposal in Sebastian, Florida.

A man proposes to his girlfriend on one of the islands in Sebastian, Florida.

Berrick Abramson and Carrie Steele split their time traveling with their dogs in an RV between Golden, Colorado, and Sebastian, Florida.

“Our friends here are really like our family so I couldn’t have imagined a better place to get engaged than being on the island, watching friends kiteboarding, watching the sunset and toasting it all with a good friend’s beer called Island Coastal Lager,” Abramson told Sebastian Daily.

Abramson’s friend, Scott Hansen, is the co-founder of Island Coastal Lager. Hansen supplied the craft beers for the island outing & proposal.

While at one of the islands on the water, Abramson knelt down on one knee and asked Steele to marry him.

“We met 10 years ago, working in politics. I now work in public policy focused on education and ocean conservation, and Carrie works in corporate finance,” Abramson said.

She said yes!
She said yes!

The couple first came to Sebastian almost five years ago when they started skydiving.

“It instantly felt like home and we’ve been spending more and more time here ever since, and buying a house here last year so we can make it a home,” Abramson said.

“Special thanks to my dear friend Craig of Indian River Marine for helping to make it happen and our skyfamily from Skydive Sebastian for celebrating with us and helping make Sebastian a home,” Abramson told Sebastian Daily.

Berrick Abramson and Carrie Steele
Cheers!

Wedding plans are still in early stages, according to Abramson, but he said it will involve a small toe in the sand ceremony on Kaua’i where they went on their first big vacation together and spend time every year.

Abramson said a reception party is planned in Sebastian with all of his friends.

Congratulations Berrick and Carrie!

Exit mobile version