Hart & Soul Foundation Attends Sebastian City Council Meeting

Hart & Soul Foundation

Hart & Soul Foundation

Vice Mayor Fred Jones, a mentor for the Hart & Soul Foundation, invites young men to a city council meeting and speaks with them alongside founder Donald Hart Sr.

“It was a positive experience for the boys. This was their first time attending a session like that. Some of the kids had questions about how the legislation was done,” Hart told Sebastian Daily.

“Great experience for them. I want the young men to understand how government work,” Hart added.

Both Donald Hart and Fred Jones have law enforcement backgrounds and realize the importance of getting to at-risk youth at a young impressional age and showing them that they can be whatever they aspire to as long as they apply themselves.

Officer Donald Hart, who has 30 plus years in law enforcement, believes in his community, cares about others, and has a passion for the welfare of children. His love for the welfare of the children led him to create the Hart & Soul Foundation, a Licensed and Insured 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Organization.

Vice Mayor Jones, who retired from the Florida Highway Patrol as a Lieutenant after serving more than 30 years, knows the importance of empowering, educating, and encouraging young men to reach their fullest potential. 

“When I speak to young men from the Hart and Soul Foundation, I start with introducing myself and giving them some brief information on my background. I then ask them to share something about themselves to break the ice. It’s very important for me to pay attention to their body language and to carefully listen when they speak,” Jones told Sebastian Daily.

“I tell them to set goals and do everything in their power to achieve them. If you don’t have a plan, how can you build anything? I talk about believing in yourself and taking responsibility for your own actions. If you learn how to accept failure, then you are going to fail. We have extended conversations on some of the things listed above. Sometimes these conversations turn to homework, sports, etc., but at the end of the day, it’s about building a relationship that will last a lifetime,” Jones added.

If you want more information about the Hart & Soul Foundation, visit their website or follow them on Facebook.

Exit mobile version