Court Denies Damien Gilliams’ Appeal on Sebastian Recall

Damien Gilliams

Damien Gilliams

After filing an appeal to overthrow the Sebastian recall, the District Court of Appeal of the State of Florida Fourth District has unanimously denied Damien Gilliams’ motion on Thursday.

Damien Gilliams filed the appeal against Tracey Cole, Chair of the Sebastian Voters Against Gilliams and Parris, Sebastian City Clerk Jeanette Williams, and Indian River County Supervisor of Elections Leslie Rossway Swan.

“I’m relieved that this was denied in the appeals case, and I want to encourage everyone to please write the State Attorney’s Office so Sebastian can put this to rest and move forward. Also, Tim and I want to thank everyone who helped us and donated funds to hire lawyers to defend the recall,” Tracey Cole told Sebastian Daily.

Citizens who wish to write letters to the State Attorney’s Office for the upcoming sentencing for Damien Gilliams and Pamela Parris can contact Lev Evans at levans@sao19.org

After a successful recall to remove Sebastian City Council members Damien Gilliams, Pamela Parris, and Charles Mauti, Gilliams attempted to stop it through the appeals court. Gilliams alleges the recall wasn’t done correctly, but the courts disagreed.

In addition, citizens accuse Gilliams of harassing and threatening to sue people who signed the recall petition. Citizens also accused Gilliams of voter intimidation after he showed up during the recall petition signing at Riverview Park demanding to see permits. 

Eventually, the police showed up and asked Gilliams to leave the citizens alone at the petition signing in the park.

Gilliams, who owns the No Name Bar next to Riverview Park, would use a bullhorn regularly to yell at citizens in the park who were signing the recall petition. 

Damien Gilliams and Pamela Parris were convicted last month on charges of perjury and a violation of the Sunshine Law.

Exit mobile version