2022 Citizens Police Academy Graduation with Sebastian Police Department 

2022 Citizens Police Academy Graduation in Sebastian, Florida.

2022 Citizens Police Academy Graduation in Sebastian, Florida.

On Thursday, May 5, 2022, the Sebastian Police Department had a graduation ceremony for its 2022 Citizens Police Academy graduates. The graduates spent the previous 12 weeks learning all about the interworkings of the Police Department.

I had the pleasure of attending this 12-week program, and I highly recommend it to our local citizens. The Sebastian Police Department does an excellent job of keeping our community safe and building relationships with its citizens to ensure a bright future ahead for Sebastian. 

We learned about crime analysis, road patrol procedures, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Homeland Security, the K-9 unit, the special response team (SRT), crime scene, evidence handling, criminal investigations, narcotics, Community Oriented Policing Endeavor (COPE Unit), and much more. 

Fellow Graduate Rich Drescher couldn’t say enough about how impressed he was with the Citizens Academy.  

“I can’t overstate how impressed I was with the Citizens’ Police Academy! The genuine enthusiasm of everyone involved in providing the presentations and demonstrations was infectious and kept the class fully engaged. Having a better understanding of the full scope of responsibilities and activities of the Sebastian Police Department reinforced my admiration for the incredible service these professionals provide our community on a daily basis,” Drescher told Sebastian Daily.

Congratulations Graduates:

A special thank you to Sergeant Todd Finegan, who led the program, and everyone else who took the time to give us a better understanding of their departments:

Also, thank you to “The Marketplace Fudge & More,” for donating a fudge tray and our local “Papa John’s Pizza” for donating pizzas.

Costs & Rewards

There is no cost to attend the Citizens Police Academy. Upon completion, members will be awarded a “Certificate of Graduation.”

Contact our COPE Unit at 772 589-5233 ext. 8550 or via email for more information.

Exit mobile version