SEBASTIAN – The Tiki Bar in Sebastian, located at 1130 Indian River Drive, was cited for 15 health inspection violations last Friday. During the inspection, the sale of “corned beef” was stopped because the meat’s temperature wasn’t at 41 degrees. The temperature was 46-49 degrees.
“Food not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within 6 hours,” the inspector said in their notes. Of the violations and warnings cited last Friday at Tiki Bar & Grill, 6 were High Priority, 5 were Intermediate, and 4 were Basic.
They are as follows:
- Basic – Clean utensils or equipment stored in dirty drawer or rack.- dish shelf **Corrected On-Site**
- Basic – Ice scoop handle in contact with ice. **Corrected On-Site**
- Basic – Missing drain plug at dumpster.
- Basic – Observed standing water in bottom of reach-in cooler.- cook line cooler
- High Priority – Chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength for manual warewashing. Do not use equipment/utensils not properly sanitized.- 10 ppm, added more, retested 100 ppm **Corrected On-Site**
- High Priority – Cooked potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within 6 hours.- corned beef
- High Priority – Cooked/heated potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within six hours. See stop sale.- corned beef 46-49, overnight
- High Priority – Employee failed to wash hands before changing gloves and/or putting on gloves to work with food. **Corrected On-Site**
- High Priority – Establishment increased seating without municipal sewer approval. Licensed for 100 counted 220, establishment had completed form, scanned it to office **Corrective Action Taken**
- High Priority – Presence of insects, rodents, or other pests.- ants on window ledge in dish area, manager killed all **Corrected On-Site**
- Intermediate – Commercially processed ready-to-eat, potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food opened and held more than 24 hours not properly date marked after opening.- milk in bar
- Intermediate – No soap or paper towels provided at handwash sink.by ice machine in storage room
- Intermediate – Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food covered while cooling.- tightly covered with plastic and foil
- Intermediate – Required employee training expired for some employees. To order approved program food safety material, call DBPR contracted provider: Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (SafeStaff) 866-372-7233. Employee expired 8/6/2018
- Intermediate – Spray bottle containing toxic substance not labeled.- bleach water **Corrected On-Site**
Tiki Bar in Sebastian remained opened during its health inspection, and most of the violations were fixed while the inspector was on-site.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2019 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.