GRANT – On Thursday, the Old Fish House was cited for 15 health department violations.
The violations were corrected on-site and the restaurant “met inspection standards,” according to the health inspector’s notes.
Of the violations and warnings cited Thursday, 5 were High Priority, 3 were Intermediate, and 7 were Basic.
They are as follows:
- Basic – Coffee filters not stored in a protected manner to prevent contamination. **Corrected On-Site**
- Basic – Drain cover(s) missing.
- Basic – Floor area(s) covered with standing water.- cookline and by walk-in cooler door.
- Basic – Floor tiles missing.- cookline
- Basic – In-use utensil not stored with handle above the top of potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food and rim of the container.- scoop with no handle laying in potatoes **Corrected On-Site**
- Basic – In-use utensil stored in standing water less than 135 degrees Fahrenheit.- probe thermometers **Corrected On-Site**
- Basic – Unwrapped single-service utensils not presented so that only the handles are touched.
- High Priority – Cooked potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within 6 hours.- rice made last night 43-47 Fahrenheit
- High Priority – Cooked/heated potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within six hours. See stop sale.- rice
- High Priority – Hot water takes too long to reach handwash sink resulting in employees using only cold water to wash their hands.- server area handwash sink
- High Priority – Single-use gloves not changed as needed after changing tasks or when damaged or soiled.- touched raw chicken then touched plate, discarded plate and washed hands, changed gloves **Corrective Action Taken**
- High Priority – Wiping cloth sanitizer solution exceeds the maximum concentration allowed.- quat 400+++ppm, corrected to 300 ppm **Corrected On-Site**
- Intermediate – Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cooled in quantity deeper than 4 inches and covered- rice
- Intermediate – Records/documents for required employee training do not contain all of the required information.- Hunter and Renee
- Intermediate – Required employee training expired for some employees. To order approved program food safety material, call DBPR contracted provider: Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (SafeStaff) 866-372-7233.- Kaley N. Expired 7/6/2018
As previously mentioned, all violations were corrected on-site during the inspection.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2018 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.