On Thursday, September 5, 2019, the health inspector shutdown Mandarin Garden for a second time, according to a state report.
Mandarin Garden reopened on Friday, September 6, 2019.
Last month, Mandarin Garden in Sebastian was shut down for a day by the health inspector for multiple violations that included roach activity.
The inspector returned last week and found 13 violations and roach activity again. There were several dead roaches in the “prep room,” server area and other areas in the restaurant. The inspector found 50 or more in glue traps throughout the kitchen, the report said.
A hand washing sink was not accessible for employees because they were using it to store items.
Also, the manager lacks proof of food manager certification, and there’s no proof that any employee is certified to handle food.
Here are all the violations:
- Basic – Ceiling/ceiling tile shows damage or is in disrepair. **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- Basic – Cove molding at floor/wall juncture broken/missing. **Warning**
- Basic – Dead roaches on premises. 5 dead prep room floor2 dead on prep room wall 10 plus dead on floor under handsink 5 dead on floor in prep room 50plus in glue traps throughout kitchen 3 dead on food storage shelf 5 dead on floor in server area 1 dead on top of noodle container 6 dead on floor in 2 bin sink area 3 dead on shelf under sliced 5 dead on floor in dishwasher area 1 dead on clean utensils shelf . **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- Basic – Employee beverage container on a food preparation table or over/next to clean equipment/utensils. **Corrected On-Site** **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- Basic – Floors not maintained smooth and durable. Grout worn to concrete **Warning**
- Basic – Outer openings not protected during operation and vermin and/or environmental cross contamination present. Both back doors wide open **Warning**
- Basic – Outer openings of establishment cannot be properly sealed when not in operation. Rear door knob holes **Warning**
- High Priority – Nonfood-grade containers used for food storage – direct contact with food. Menu used for under egg rolls **Warning**
- High Priority – Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach on floor in kitchen 1 live roach under prep table in kirchen 2 live roaches in glue trap in prep area **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- High Priority – Toxic substance/chemical stored by or with food. Aspirin by food **Warning**
- Intermediate – Handwash sink not accessible for employee use due to items stored in the sink. Containers **Corrected On-Site** **Warning**
- Intermediate – Manager lacking proof of food manager certification. A list of accredited food manager certification examination providers can be found at http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/hotels-restaurants/food-lodging/food-manager/ **Warning**
- Intermediate – No proof of required state approved employee training provided for any employees. To order approved program food safety material, call DBPR contracted provider: Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (SafeStaff) 866-372-7233. **Warning**
The Las Palmas restaurant was also shut down by the health inspector on Monday, August 26, 2019.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2019 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.